Saturday, March 27, 2010

Hooning - an apology

At some time in 1992, whilst at the wheel of a Volkswagen Passat Estate, I was attempting to move away from a set of traffic lights at Cemetery Junction in Reading, when I inadvertently applied too many revs, and engaged the clutch a little too rapidly. As a consequence, the car briefly broke traction, an anti-social practice I now know to be referred to as hooning.

I was driving in an over-exuberant manner. What I did was silly, and I want to apologise for it.

2 comments:

Sean said...

The spunk rats are always hooning in the big smoke. At least he did not attempt a yewy! he would have got more than a Bluey for that one,and a free ride in the Divvy van. He looked like he was going to chunder a big one when the TV turned up.? Still no bingle so bonzer really.

Gordon McCabe said...

Was he showing off to his sheila at the time?