Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Kevin Keegan

Newly re-appointed Newcastle manager Kevin Keegan has, at various times, been accused of being:

1) A dreamer.
2) A quitter.
3) Tactically inept.
4) Honest to a fault.

For all these reasons, I like and empathise with Keegan. I too would buy lots of strikers, play all-out attack, and then quit when the going got tough. I too would admit my faults, even though those same faults are shared, but denied, by most other managers. And I too am in love with my dreams, but not with making those dreams become reality.

2 comments:

Selena Dreamy said...

And I too am in love with my dreams, but not with making those dreams become reality.


I am afraid that limitations of my aptitude, plus my own impatience - have invariably meant that you’re absolutely right....!

Dreamy

Anonymous said...

All out attack not a bad principle for any sport, surely? You can't win except by repeated violent assaults. Let's leave defence for sophisticates, like Brazil.